Wednesday, February 21, 2007

COPY OF LETTER




February 21, 2007

Dear Friend,
We all know of someone who has been touched by cancer. Each year the American Cancer Society holds a Relay for Life. This is a 24 hour event which takes place locally. All monies collected and donated go towards fighting cancer. Together our dollars can eradicate this terrible disease.
I am asking local businesses for their help. We have available die cut cards, two different styles. One honoring survivors and one in memory of those deceased. We are asking businesses to offer these cards for donations of $1.00 to their customers. These cards are then signed, and hung in the windows of the local businesses to show their support for the Relay for Life and the victims and survivors of cancer.
I would like to ask you to participate in the sale of these cards to benefit the Relay for Life.
However, if you do not feel that this is possible for your business, I would also like to ask for any cash donations to the Relay or any donation of a product that could be chanced off in a gift basket. I am thanking you in advance for any help you can give us.
Relay for Life is scheduled from 8 am July 14 to 8 am July 15 in DuBois. If you’d like to attend or have any questions you can contact me at the above phone number, or email.
Sincerely,

Peggi Yeager
This is a copy of the letter I took around with me this morning. My dentist decided not to sell the die cut cards but gave me a $100.00 donation. the little pharmacy down the street from me is going to sell the die cut cards, and the jewelry store where I used to work is deciding what they want to do, but will definately do something. Aprofitable day off today.


No comments: