Monday, March 19, 2007

SNOW, SLEET, FREEZING RAIN AND GUMBO

What a day! The weather just turned awful and we had snow, sleet, freezing rain and rain all within a few hours. Took me over an hour to get home from work tonight. Am glad that I got out at 5 instead of 8 today, and don't go back in till noon tomorrow. The roads are an awful mess.

Today we had gumbo for the relay lunch and boy, was it good. Barb did a wonderful job on it and we took in $36.00. Betty brought the fudge in that we all ordered and we made $45 with that, and then I got home to a check in the mail. An absolutely wonderful donation from our minister and his wife.

Greg told me today however, that he thinks it would have been cheaper for me to just give a $1000 donation. we are all buying lunch every week and fudge and other goodies, its not good for the waist line, but I sure am enjoying it. Until time to get on the scales. think I'm going to put together a 50/50 raffle and get the gift basket ready and do somethig that will bring in $$$ besides just food. Soup Place Setting

No comments: