Thursday, March 08, 2007

$586 RAISED

That is the total raised so far towards our goal of $5000. $4414 left to go. thank God that we have still about 4 months to do it in. Any ideas for fundraising please let me know! Janice is cooking for our Monday Relay lunch this week and its going to be chili and cornbread. Sounds wonderful and tonight at the meeting i learned that we are going to have a chili cookoff between the teams at the relay. Will have to see who wants to participate in that.

Our team was not the first place prize winner for the most donations turned in tonight. I'm not sure how much they turned in or what they beat us by, but do know it wasn't us...darn it. Oh well, maybe next month. I am just so pleased with our team though. Everyone else has been doing this such a long time and then there is us, and its our first year and our first time. I have never done anything like this before and think the only one who has ever participated in the Relay in the past is my sister. she has been a big help with some ideas for different things.

I really need to get to the park and see how big it is, how much space we will have for our tent or campsite. At the meetings everyone else knows everything and then there is me..

I stopped at Ross's tonight and left a letter for Cook, was hoping she would be there but she wasn't. I am wondering if they would like to form a team or if not will help us out with fund raising. i left the letter with the die cut cards. Hopefully they may decide to help us out with that.

No comments: