Friday, March 23, 2007

Memories

I had an email from an old friend yesterday, I don't mean that she is old age wise, I mean that it is an old friendship that goes way back...probably back till about the age of maybe 12 or so? I'm sure she may correct me here, because it seems sometimes that her memory is much better than mine. In her email she was wondering if I remembered what the resteraunt was in Ohio that we used to sometimes go to after the movies. It got me thinking about being a teenager and living in Ohio and the different things we would do and the times we spent together. How far away those memories seem today. It is such a shame that we don't remember all of those times instead of them just becoming fading memories that are hard to recall. I don't know which resteraunt she is asking about. However, I do remember a Perkins we used to go to and I do remember an A & W that was a favorite for after school, (unless I was grounded, then I wasn't allowed to stop) that was pretty much the norm for back then, me being grounded I mean. I think I spent most of my teen years being grounded. So, Cathy, I am sorry to say that I vaguely remember this resteraunt, but cannot for the life of me remember the name of it. I am almost thinking it was beside a ladies clothing store that we liked. Seems to me I remember laying away clothes there, I vaguely remember a soft yellow blouse that I loved. I have a quote on this blog that states "If I would have realized what great memories I was making I would have paid more attention." How very true that is!

have a great day everyone, I'm heading for the treadmill.

No comments: