Sunday, April 08, 2007

HAPPY EASTER


We woke up to snow this morning. Not the first time we've had snow on Easter Sunday. I am sure it won't be the last.
Where do the years go? I am remembering Easters past. the years that the Easter Bunny hid baskets at our house for the kids. The years when we were all together, today our family is so scattered. Michelle is in Arizona with Mike, her husband Bo, and Howie are in Vegas. I'm here in Pa. My brother Chet is now in New York and the rest of my family about an hour away. I am hoping that possibly my mom and sister will be up to visit today.
I'm remembering a memory that goes back to about the time I was maybe 5. Very young at any rate, it was while we still lived in Emporium, we hadn't even moved to Cleveland yet. It was early am on Easter Sunday, we lived in a small ranch style home. I was the only one awake and watching cartoons when I heard a knock on the living room door. I opened it but no one was there, seconds later, I heard a knock on the door in the utility room which was right next to the living room. I went to that door and looked out but again, no one there. Then the knock was back to the living room..this went on for a while, back and forth door to door. finally I gave up and pulled the drapes open in the living room and looked out, this would enable me to see the front of the yard where whoever, (or whatever) would have had to go across to get from door to door. Nothing, nothing, no one there. I never really did find out who had so much fun with me that morning, but I know to this day that it was either the Easter Bunny or Uncle Rob. Child Basket Child Basket

No comments: