Friday, May 04, 2007

Rosebreasted Grosbeaks



We had two of these beautiful rose breasted grosbeaks here a few days ago. I really wish they would have stuck around, but unfortunately they were only here long enough to let me get a picture or two and then they were gone again. they were here last year also, but only for a day or two that time too. Think I'm going to do some research on them and see what they like to eat and what we may be able to do to keep them in our area if anything. I am still seriously considering getting our yard registered as a backyard habitat, just need to take the time to do that.

We are waiting for the guy with the little back hoe to come give us an estimate on enlarging our little ponds..which right now are just holes in the ground. I'll have to get a few pics for on here. the big pond is doing great and last night we watched the king fisher sitting in the tree, watching the fish and squawking for quite a while. I am sure that net is not coming off there for quite a while if ever. He was really quite mad that he could not get to them, and I do think they are laying eggs again. I sure do love those fish and do have my favorites. It's funny because I love the birds too, and would love to have that king fisher stick around if he would not carry off my fish.

No comments: