Wednesday, February 18, 2009

I did it

I enrolled today for the certified personal trainer course through an on line career school. I had talked to the people at NCSF and they are who you are certified through. The course that I am taking is more detailed and more involved than I need to be certified. I could have done it in half the time for half the $$ but i would have missed alot of what I wanted to learn. I will finish with a certificate for Fitness and Nutrition Expert along with the Certified Personal Trainer. The NCSF highly recommends the course I am taking which set my mind at ease but I am still nervous about it all. Excited too though.

It seems I have been thinking about this for so long. Cannot believe I finally decided to just go ahead with it. A friend of mine at Sparkpeople put it into perspective when I made the statement that I would be about 56 when I graduate and that is a time when most people are thinking about retiring, not starting a new career. Her comment was that in about 2 years I would be 56 either way. The question is would I be 56 with or without the degree? That made me chuckle and helped me to decide to just go for it.

So here I go.

No comments: