Sunday, February 15, 2009

College?

For the past few years I have been very interested in health, nutrition and fitness. I spend hours at a time on Sparkpeople, a free site that tends to teach about this, with people to chat with. Lately I have been considering an online course to become a personal trainer. I am seriously considering it, its very detailed and would teach me alot about what I want to learn and I would actually finish with a license. However, would I use it? In the area that we are in, with me at the age I am would I use it to benefit us financially? Would I be able to get a job in that field with that license? In my head I think I could help so many people and that is what I want to do. I want to help people learn and discover ways to get healthier. I have this vision of me in my head, in our retirement village with me leading aerobics class for a bunch of elderly people! Or over here at the assisted living apartments working with them. I would absolutly love it! Then I think, even if I never got paid for it, but could use it in a voluntary capacity wouldn't that still be wonderful? The answer is yes! It would. Can I work full time at the store, and still find time to study something so very involved and finish in time to be certified? If I decide to do it, its going to just have to be done. Do I want to do this? I am 54 years old, I would be almost 56 by the time I am done. A time when people are looking forward to retirement and I would be starting a new career. Granted it is a career that I could fit to suit me, and in a growing field. The health and fitness occupations are growing tremendously with all of us baby boomers out there. John had a good point last night, his thought is with all of us getting older and wanting to learn to be healthier he believes that the elder generation would prefer help from someone my age over some young thing. this is probably true. Its definately being thought about it and I found the one on line college that I love the sounds of. I may take time today to research and see what other ones are out there.

No comments: