Thursday, January 03, 2008

Wednesday night at home

I never realised it till late last night, but the evening sure seemed strange. I hadn't ever seen any of the tv shows that were on last night. About 11 it hit me that it was my first Wednesday night at home in months. I had been working every Wednesday at the Y since August. I had of course thought about that during the day, we had been out running in Dubois, eye doctors, shopping etc. It was nice that I didn't have to go back over to work at 4 and I really got to enjoye the day and the time off.

However, by last night when I got thinking about it I realised how much I missed the people. I thought about Kathy, she would have come in about 5 and ran for about 8 miles on the tread before using some of the cybex machines. A pretty little thing, about my age, but a whole lot skinnier.

Then there would have been Jennifer, the blonde lady teacher. She is short and heavy and working out with Chris, he is a trainer. She is wonderful, laughs and smiles all the time and is very determined to lose the weight and get healthy.

Brian and Ed would have been in. they usually travel about the same time and use the cybex machines. Sheldyne and her hubby Bob, hadn't been in for a while before i left, so I didn't get to tell them goodbye. They were cute, she wears long dresses with shorts underneath to work out, and it consists of 5 miles on the bike and one on the treads without breaking a sweat. LOL

Tim needs to be mentioned here too, a very friendly man who always likes to talk. Ken is the same way and we spent a bit of time just chatting while they were working out. Ken reminds me of Paul the way he is built, all muscle. Then there is Ron, he was the first one there who introduced himself and we talked a bit often, he is married to kathy, the runner on the treads. Of course, I have to mention Norm, he is the 80 year old who asked me out to dinner, a wonderful man. He had just gotten back from a cruise. Told us he danced all night and I believe he did. he came frequently and worked out on the treads and bikes.

The new equipment should be there by now and I am wondering when Cher and I want to take off and go over for the day. Hopefully we will get the chance to do that soon. I hope that all the people there keep up with their exercise and have a wonderful new year. In the meantime I am enjoying being off and having my Wednesdays avaialable for eye appointments, hair cuts etc. Yesterday was new glasses, next week is my hair appointment and having the hair foiled again..some chunky streaks of color!

Enjoy the day everyone! Make it a good one!

No comments: