Thursday, January 17, 2008

First ever manicure


I had the day off work yesterday and late yesterday afternoon I decided to go have my first ever manicure. What fun! What a treat. They sure do spoil you a bit. First they have you soak both hands in a cuticle oil mixture, then they work one hand at a time taking off the polish, and soaking in between. Then they massage the hands and fingers one at a time. Next comes the cuticle pusher which pushes the cuticles back and makes them look all nice and smooth, then they even cut the cuticles where needed. Last but not least is another soak, wash hands and then comes the actual polish. i went with the french manicure, this is something I could not do by myself at home. Next time it may be something with a design but for now this is what I wanted. I have thought about doing this for a long time, but with gardening in spring and summer it seems a waste that time of year. I am anxious to see how well it wears and how long it lasts. They informed me that the french manicure is the longest lasting manicure so we'll see how it does. I hope it wears well enough that mom and Cher can see it on Sunday.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Looks beautiful, Peggi!

. . . and I'm jealous. When I chose to learn and practice reflexology a couple of years ago, my weekly pedicures were an enormous sacrifice!
For fourteen years I had a weekly appointment with my daughter who is a hair stylist and manicurist.

It was so sad that while doing reflexology on a friend of many years, she commented, "I think this is the first time I've ever seen you without your nails manicured and polished."

I do feel blessed that the benefits I have to offer to others seems to far outweight the trade-off I've made.