Wednesday, January 16, 2008

PATIENCE

I wonder sometimes what makes me do the things I do? How can I expect anyone else to understand when I don't understand myself. I had given myself a goal. Hit one mile in 30 minutes twice on the eliptical and i would buy a new workout outfit in a pretty spring color. Simple right. I did it. It was hard and it took half the month to be able to accomplish it, no easy feat. heart rate was higher than ever and it felt great! Last night after work I went to almost every store that carries clothing in the city where I work. Nothng, I could not find one set that is what I wanted. Never mind the fact that i did find some on line that I loved, if I wanted to pay $99.00 for a pair of pants to sweat in..I don't. I left to come home, drove right past my house and went on to the next town to see what they have. Is there a reason I needed this immediately? Is there a reason I couldn't wait till a day when I was out shopping? Is there a reason I needed to do this at 7:00 at night after working all day? Who knows? What makes me do these things? I think I get it from my dad..he's a lot like that too. Sorry dad. I think I need to learn patience. Anyone have any ideas on how to do that?

No comments: