Sunday, January 13, 2008

FASTING??


I have been hearing alot about fasting lately. Brenda C. is doing a Daniel Fast. it is through her church and based on the book of Daniel. I may have to read it. The only thing she is allowed to eat or drink for 21 days is fruit, veggies and water. Yesterday at work, Sharan mentioned a two day fast she had read about. It is supposed to help clean you out and I guess that sure makes sense. It is also nothing but fruit, water and veggies but for only two days, which seems much more reasonalble to me. I am thinking for part of today I may try it. Am leaning towards fruit, water, veggies, coffee of course...and tonight a dinner. May allow myself my activia yogurt twice today along with it though. I have heard often of people doing these, but I myself have never tried it. Sharan is bringing in the magazine she has read it in. Supposed to list the top 20 things to do to improve your health over time and this was one of the items in it. She had asked me if I would want to try it with her, neither of us has ever done a fast although many of the girls at work have. I had told her I would be willing to give it a try, so am thinking a half try for today may be good. Will let you know how I do. Knowing how much I like to eat, especially on a day off, I cannot think this is going to be easy. I am also allowing myself green tea, and dinner tonight.

No comments: