Wednesday, June 03, 2009

Thoughts from the track

Had some strange and true thoughts while at the track this morning. While walking and jogging around there it hit me, how many times I had driven past this track and elementary school in the past 40 years or so. How many times had I driven past the house where I now live? I never gave a thought that some day I would live here in this house with a new husband.

We moved here about 4 years ago, used to live 20 miles to the north. How many times had I been to memorial day celebrations at this school and never realised that some day I would be living here, walking that track? I remember standing at the school and watching my daughter march in the parade this little town has. I never once thought someday I will live here, or someday I will walk around that track almost daily.

Isn't this life? How strange it is when something you do years ago can come back to haunt you years later. My daughter is now married and living in Vegas, she was just a little girl when we came down to this little town for a parade. I am nt sure if that was when she was a girl scout or when she was a cheerleader in highschool. Maybe both. I know my ex husband was alive and now he is gone. We lost him to cancer last year. Never once while standing there watching that parade did I think someday I will live here. Someday Mike will be gone, someday my kids will live across the country. I am not sure what I wish to accomplish with this blog, but I think I just want people to think about how our lives are intertwined with every day things that we never give a second thought to.

While walking the track this morning in the rain, I passed a man walking. It was my last trip around when he showed up. He looked to be in his 70"s and carrying an umbrella, we spoke for a just a minute, he kept walking and I came on home. My thought was that I hope to still be walking this track when I am 70, but will I? I want to finish my course and hope to be able to help people but especially the elderly, but will I?

WE never know what the future holds, all we can do is the best we are capable of today. We never know where we will be tomorrow.

No comments: