Wednesday, June 10, 2009

Changes

My son and his girlfriend are due to arrive home tomorrow night around 5. We are picking them up at Pitts airport. Today while cleaning house and doing laundry I am reminded of other times with other people coming to visit. Times change, life goes on. My son and daughter were young at the time and now they are the ones who come to visit. How strange is that.

I remember times with friends and ex in laws would come to stay a while, I always looked forward to it and always wanted the house cleaned and ready for company. I remember times when it was rough coming up with the money to even get groceries. I remember times when we even borrowed the money to get the groceries for people coming.

My next thought was that some of those people I will never see again. At least its more than likely I will not see them again. I have lost touch with so many of them and some of them have gotten married, divorced, or possibly even passed away.

People come and go in our lives and its sad really that people who once meant so much to us are now not even known to us. There is a friend I haven' t heard from since 1980. I don't even know her last name anymore and she doesn't know mine. She doesn't know we lost Mike this past year and I never met her son. He would be a year younger than Michelle I believe.

I don't do well with staying in touch with people and I think I have gotten worse with it the past years. Thats sad but I'm not sure I know how to change it. Or even if I can.

No comments: