Tuesday, June 02, 2009

hopeful

We are hoping that the rain holds off tomorrow. We have plans to add more rocks to the pond and to work out in the yard. My day will start with a jog around the track if it isn't raining while John runs to town for rocks and a few things at the store. I am so lucky that he does the grocery shopping.

It has been such a cool, wet spring and next week my son will be home. The weather is never nice when he is here. I don't think it has been nice ever when he comes home. Although last summer may not have been to bad. The way the weather has been this year it could snow with him here next week.

I'm off to study a bit, right now I am learning about the endocrine system. this one is very interesting to me considering my sickness 4 years ago was due to a tumor on the adrenal gland. Some of this stuff is rough. I wish I would have done this years ago when maybe my brain remembered better. Next is the circulatory system. Still I am enjoying the learning process and do think its very helpful for me. I have found that reading before bed helps it stick with me and also talking to John about what I have read the next day helps to keep it real for me. I doubt that I will have it done in 15 months though, it is taking me longer than I thought to get through any of the classes. I seem to read and reread each book. This would be so much quicker if I didn't work full time. However, at this point I am just glad to have a job.

I've talked to some old friends lately, Karen, Rosalie, Mary, etc. Avon friends and boy, it makes me realise how much I miss Avon, and all of those wonderful women. I really enjoyed the years where I sold Avon and that was my job and I was the boss! Oh well, life changes, time goes on.

No comments: