Sunday, June 07, 2009

A good thing

Its a good thing I don't eat like this every day. I am studying to be a fitness and nutrition expert and certified personal trainer for heaven's sake. Yet today I had McDonalds for breakfast, a half a cream filled donut for snack at my mom's and then a frozen yogurt cone on the way home. Its a wonder I haven't gained 10 lbs today, only good thing is that I did get in a lot of exercise too. Also a good thing that I don't do this often.

Usually I am very careful and eat very well. I spent part of the day out in the gazebo today studying, I have learned that iron makes it difficult for your body to absorb calcium, so don't eat spinach with a glass of milk. You should wait a few hours between your foods with iron and your foods for calcium. Caffeine also negates calcium. So the iced and green tea I drink so often helps to destroy the calcium stores I work so hard to build up. I am really enjoying this part of the class on healthy eating.

No comments: