Monday, June 25, 2007

REMINISCING

I've been on a search lately for the perfect walking/fitness shoe. Actually, it doesn't even have to be perfect, just darn near. I have bought and returned more shoes in the past two months than most people buy in a lifetime. I am reminded of my son, and taking him shoe shopping for school in years gone by. We ended up on a search convering three counties to find him one pair of sneakers. Invariably he would pick the most expensive pair at the most far away place. It would take weeks for him to find the perfect pair, he was to young to drive and we would take quite a few shopping trips trying to find exactly what he as looking for. Then I am reminded of an argument he got into with his cousin Angie, they spent hours debating which was best, Nike or Reebok. Well, Howie I am 53 years old and bought my first pair of Nike today. I think I like them just fine, but I actually bought two other pair also, one is Avia and the other is Sketchers. Trying to find something good, lightweight and comfortable. Relay is coming and I do alot of walking and aeroobics also. Hopefully a pair of these will work without my heel slipping. I never realised till now how hard it is to find the perfect sneaker. Sneakers

No comments: