Wednesday, June 20, 2007

The Mind

I realised last night how strange the mind can be and the tricks it can play on you. Something so simple and yet so complex. Last night after work I had a hair appointment. I stopped at Big Lots on the way home from work to do a return, then got home, had a quick coffee, refilled my water jug and left for my hair cut. Part way there I realised my water jug had tipped over, spilled and my water was gone. This upset me terribly, not because it was all over the seat, it was after all only water, but I am never without ice cold water. I carry that jug to work and back, carrry it around the yard, carry it upstairs and downstairs, when its empty I refill it, when I go to work, I carry a frozen bottle of water along to refill the jug. I even bought an insulated bottle holder on a strap for when I walk. Although I was upset to be without my water, I didn't waste any time thinking about it. I had to gas the car, get my hair cut and I wanted to be home. Somewhere along the way, I realised the reason I am never without water was because of those times when I was so sick, when I had been life flighted to UPMC, when I was so terribly thirsty and was NOT ALLOWED WATER or anything else for that matter. I remember and still have the tube of "mouth mosturizer" they gave me. Thats all I was allowed and sometimes for hours as they ran test after test. Anyways, maybe now that I know why that jug of water is soooo important to me, maybe it won't be quite as important. But I'll bet that jug still goes every where with me and that I am not without it! I have learned through those two years how very important water is to me. Hav eyou drank yours today??

Bottled Water

No comments: