Friday, June 29, 2007

From 2005

Chuckling over notes from my journal from 2 years ago today...I wasn't laughing that day when I wrote " Ok, Dr. Follansbee and I need to have a discussion. Got on the scale today and have gained 8 pounds in 1 day! Woke up to sore kidneys and fat, bloated eye lids but didn't realize how bad it was until getting on that damn scale. 130 lbs! Yesterday was 122 which was bad enough. I know its just water but it cannot be good for me.

Note: Dr. F was in later that day and cut back on my iv fluids, a slower drip rate and only 1 flourinef instead of 2. I told him this day that I looked 9 months pregnant. John told me later I looked like a giant orange beach ball. he came in while I was standing on the damn scale. He actually thought it was quite funny.

Two years later I am still working on losing the weight. With having quit smoking in these two years it seems the weight is harder at getting off. I no longer take a coffee and cigarette break, now its a food break. Still, I am home and doing well. Next month we do the blood work and aug is back to Pitts. Bon Jovi video on CMT gotta go!

No comments: