Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Reading

I used to love to read. I remember days when I wouldn't get outside, or do much of anything but sit curled up in a chair and read. Even when my kids were little every chance I had would find me doing nothing but reading. Now, it seems like the last 8 or 9 years i was lucky to even look at a book, or magazine. That seems to be changing again now and I'm back to reading but its taken another turn here and I seem to be gravitating towards self help and motivational books, in the past it would have been love stories and romance. Right now I am reading three different books, 2 of them by Joel Osteen and one by Dale Carnegie. I am really enjoying these and I read now while I ride the recumbent bike. thats another thing that has changed. Exercise..I hated it when I was young. Now, I've learned that I love cardio and I hate days when I can't fit it in. I make exercise a priority and have ever since July 05 when I was in the hospital. It seems that I am bent on changing things in my life, maybe not things but myself. I am more inclined to work on improving myself spiritually, physically, and emotionally. These are the things I want to work on and my goals for 2007.

No comments: