Saturday, July 04, 2009

You can run..

..but you can't hide. I had a funny experience at work today. I was helping a single gentleman choose living room furniture. He stated he had been looking for years and couldn't find what he wanted. I was showing him various sets and pieces and after about 20 minutes he commented that I looked familiar and that back in the years he rode a Harley was I married to Mike B? I was and he was someone we rode with only occasionally. I personally didn't recognise him, but the name rang a bell and we had mutual friends.
This had to have been at least 15 years ago or maybe longer. I am wondering how he ever recognised me and am hoping that I was a nice person to him and that is why he remembered me? My last name isn't even the same.
I think this just reinforced my belief that we always need to be on our best behavior because we truly never know who we may meet or come into contact with.
I do think his memories must have been good because he bought a living room! YEAH, after years of looking we found one he liked and he had to have enough faith in me to buy it from me.

No comments: