Saturday, July 25, 2009

Detox diet

Sharan, The Mother Superior at work has decided we are doing a 7 day detox diet starting Monday. I am going along with it. I had a nutritionist look at it yesterday and it actually looks pretty interesting. Starts out the first day with eliminating all caffeine for the week, eliminate sugar, foods processed with white flour. Add 8 glasses of water, add 20 minutes of exercise.

The second day, you add more fresh fruit and veggies, but avoid tomatoes, peppers, and a few others. Avoid citrus fruits. Third day is tough, eliminate all dairy. Includes eggs and soy milk. What do we eat?? Fourth day you eliminate all grains, well not all, you can have brown rice, amaranth, oats. Did you ever eat oatmeal without milk? Oh! We can have rice milk or almond milk. Wonder if you can buy that in our little town? I may have to find out.

I call Sharan the Mother Superior, because she likes to be in charge and to boss us around. I've decided I'm just the novice in training. We have decided to try this for the 7 days starting on MOnday. Today I had them all doing planks and side planks so we have decided that I will teach them one new exercise a day during these 7 days. Sounds like fun. I want to hit all muscle groups.

I'm thinking I will be the one that has the easiest time with this because alot of it I already do. A few of them are going to give me problems though. Should be interesting.

No comments: