Sunday, July 26, 2009

Freaky Accident

I had quite an upsetting thing happen today. I was downstairs working out, John was outside cooking ribs on the grill when we heard a loud crash, it sounded like pots and pans falling so we both came running. It took a while to find out what happened, but the top shelf in my glass curio fell down. It broke most of the knick knacks on the two top shelves. A few of my Mrs. Albee dolls broke, some of the porcelain hummingbirds my daughter had bought me and most of my Australian Lead Crystal pieces. It shattered the crystal castle Mike and I bought years ago when we bought the house. It broke the crystal bird bath with two little birds and the red heart. It broke the peacock, and another red crystal heart.

There is no earthly reason why that shelf should have fallen. That curio cabinet has been there in that room since we moved into this house. John glued some of the pieces together to see what we can save, but the crystal was to far gone.

No comments: