Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Personalities

Do personalities change after life threatening experiences? I am really curious about this today and guess I have been for a while now. It used to be that on days like this, where I am home alone and off from work I would have spent a good part of the day curled up with a good book. i have not done that in years. Today, I have a list, a stupid list but still a list of everything I want done today while I am off work. It includes such stuff as laundry, clean the kitchen and bathroom floors, empty the shredder, change my ipod music, exercise, (always a biggie) and shoveling. It seems I never truly just sit and relax and enjoy the peace and quiet. Years ago I would have loved some of this energy. Years ago I was lazy. Now?? Anyway, it seems to me that this all came about after my two heart attacks almost 3 years ago and I am wondering if that near death experience has anything to do with this.

I just took this personality test and it seems to describe me to a "T" A friend of mine emailed this morning her and her hubby are leaving for a cruise in the Carribean today and won't be home to the middle of March. As I was thinking how much fun that sounded like I realised that I would probably be totally miserable and jusst want to come home. Here are those test results.

Results


Your answers suggest you are a Realist
The four aspects that make up this personality type are:
Summary of Realists
Loyal and steady workers who meet deadlines
Believe in established rules and respect facts
Think of themselves as mature, stable and conscientious
May appear too logical or tough-minded and forget their impact on other people
More about Realists
Realists are loyal to the people around them and work hard to keep their promises. They are honest and straightforward with others and expect the same in return. Realists believe in standard procedures and will only support change when there is a demonstrable benefit.
Realists are the most common personality type in the UK, according to a nationwide survey.
Realists respect factual information, which they store up to use when making decisions. This group likes to have time to think quietly and carefully before taking action.
These extremely productive people like to be occupied in their leisure time with pursuits such as craftwork, hiking or reading.
In situations where they can't use their talents or are unappreciated, Realists may become obsessed with schedules, critical of others or have trouble trusting other people to get the job done properly. Under extreme stress, Realists may complain loudly that events have taken a turn for the worse and predict negative outcomes.

Here is the link to the web site. Take the test yourself and see what you get.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/science/humanbody/mind/surveys/whatamilike/index.shtml

No comments: