Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Bluebirds and elk



this past Sunday the bluebirds were here and I was sure spring was right around the corner. We had them here checking out both houses and I was thrilled to see them back, although I had seen them earlier, just a few weeks ago on a bright sunny day. Then last night around 9:15 I look out the kitchen window to see three large bull elk out between our two driveways. One crossed the road, the other two stood there like statues for what seemed like hours. One finally decided to try to cross but got scared when traffic went by, they both took off running through the yard and up the hill out back. Its funny, the bluebirds are a sign of spring, but the elk are only here in the winter. This was my first sighting of the elk this year, although John has seen them and so have the neighbors. I do love seeing them, they are such magnificent creatures. I do wish they would come around during daylight, would love to get pictures of them in my own backyard.

No comments: