Saturday, September 08, 2007

A disgruntled Sears customer

This was just sent by me to http://www.sears.com/

On Thursday,Sept 6, 2007 at approximately 11:15 am I was in your store in Dubois, Pa. 15801. I wanted an item that I was hoping to find in your fitness area. I had not been in your store for a while, but was always favorably impressed with your fitness area. We have bought numerous items here at this store. The most recent being a new range just a few months ago.
I was quite pleased to find the item I wanted in your store at a close out price, along with another item I had wanted also at close out prices. The two items didn't amount to much, sale prices would have been approximately $22.00 for both items. The items were an ab exerciser and a mat (purple) for floor exercises. I was not able to find an associate to check me out, so I wandered around the store for a few minutes and finally found a register in jewelry. The mat didn't ring on sale. The associate shoved it across the counter at me and told me I'd have to go back to that area. Note: there had not been anyone there. I went back. Still no one around, I went to automotive, they couldn't ring me out. Finally we found an associate who could take me at a back counter. At this point I was close to running late for work and had spent almost 35 minutes in this store just trying to check out. The associate then proceeded to tell me the mat wasn't on sale, she went to see the sign, and actually brought the sign back to show me. It was the purple mat and I had a blue one. Note, she admits there was not a purple one there, although the computer says you have 6. She then went to the store room to find me one, at this point I am late for work and pacing. To make this short, she could not find one, wouldn't let me have the "blue" one for the price of the "purple" one and neither would the manager, Dawn, who I asked to speak to. I have been in retail for over 30 years. I have never been treated the way I was in your store. When I overheard Dawn telling a customer about this after she thought I had left I was even more upset. I went to Dunhams that evening, bought a more expensive brand than what your store offered and feel very comfortable knowing that I would rather spend twice as much somewhere else. I would like you to know that I am not sure if I will ever enter your store again. You can also believe that everyone I work with and met yesterday has heard this story. I have been informed that I am not the first person recently to have left this store empty handed and very upset with your company and with this manager.
Thank you for listening.

I am leaving my full name of this one safetys sake, but believe it was on the letter I sent them.

No comments: