Sunday, August 02, 2009

Coffe, coffee, coffee

I've learned alot on the 7 day detox diet. Actually its fairly close to how I eat anyways. Lots of fruits and veggies, 8 glasses of water. those were not a problem, the water is easy for someone with an addiction to water bottles. I think I must have 20 of them. One of these days I am going to post a picture just for the hell of it. We all felt great on the detox. I think the first day without coffee was the worst. From there we drank decaf coffee and the smell and taste of it gave us the feeling that we were having a coffee. That helped me so much. I didn't crave the sweets at all the way I had thought we would. We all did good even with cookies and cake showed up at the store and I almost think its easier to eliminate them than it is to just cut back. I am going to be keeping a close eye on the sweet consumption.

I think this diet helped more than anything to realise how we regularly eat. We were not hungry and when I tracked on sparkpeople, I was always in calorie range. Quite unusual for me, so that is something I am going to watch more closely than I have lately.
My first coffee this morning is fine, but I drank it with 2% milk instead of creamer. I have used creamer for years but have learned its for convenience that I do rather than health.

Another rainy day here on my day off. Figures.

No comments: