Thursday, August 20, 2009

Fenwick Island


We got home from the beach last night. How wonderful our trip was and how much we enjoyed it. We got to talking about how we had never done these things when our kids were young. Our families had never really taken us on vacations, we never really did our kids. When I was young our vacations were always coming back to Pa. to see family. When my kids were little our vacations were always going to see family in Ohio. I guess maybe its true that we learn and teach what we know. We took day trips often when my kids were little. Kenneywood was a favorite, Geneva Lake, Geauga Lake, Cedar Point, the zoo, etc. I wonder why we never took the kids to the beach. They would have loved it. Turns out my son has gone many times and my daughter and her dad went a few years ago, before he passed away. To bad we couldn't have done it once as a family. We would have loved it. Yesterday morning while turning in our room keys I realised our room number was 219. That is the house number of the last apartment we had before buying our little house. Kind of a bittersweet reminder

No comments: