Thursday, August 14, 2008

Quote from Sparkpeople

Even if our efforts of attention seem for years to be producing no result, one day a light that is in exact proportion to them will flood the soul- Simone Weil

What we can learn about patience from a diamond.

Trying (but failing) to see your goals realized can be frustrating. Margaret Thatcher once said "You may have to fight a battle more than once to win it," and she was absolutely right. You've got to believe that you will succeed! Never admit defeat as long as time and effort remain. Our greatest asset is patience; our greatest weakness is throwing in the towel. Banish discouragement and feelings of impossibility by working hard, doing more, and not giving in! A diamond was only made beautiful after millions of years as a lump of coal

I have learned patience, well somewhat anyways. Patience has never been a virtue of mine. I had none. However, it seems the older I get the more I have. Maybe it is a learned thing or maybe for me it just came with time. When buying the new car I took 3 weeks, made numerous trips to many different car dealers,narrowed it down to 2 cars at 3 dealers and took my time to get the best car for the least amount of $$$. I am very happy with my purchase.

Then comes the laptop. The new Dell XPS M1530, which isn't even 2 months old. It died last Sunday. After countless hours on the phone with Linksys and Dell they are sending a service technician out. She is to meet me at work today with a new part for it. A driver. Dell on call removed the old one and couldn't get a new one to install. I can use it but not as wireless. Thats what I bought the laptop for. Hopefully with any luck it will be back to wireless tonight after work. No way to check it at work but she said to replace that part is all that Dell has authorized her to do anyway. If it doesn't work it will be another phone call to Dell. This has been a real pain and I am not really impressed with dell at this point. Hopefully this corrects the problem though. Patience? I am trying hard to keep mine.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

We have two computers, one is a Dell and the other is a Gateway. The Gateway was my old computer from home and the Dell we got last year. The thing won't start up a lot of the time and we have to let it sit for an hour before it does anything. Of course, the warranty had run out so we couldn't do anything. I'm sure with a new part, though, it will work just fine.