Saturday, October 10, 2009

agonist? antagonist?

OMG, I am having a rough time with the class on Flexibility. It talks about agonist and antagonist muscles. I have read it, reread it, looked up the words, read it again and may still call and talk to my instructor on this one. I understand it has something to do with the muscles working in conjunction with each other, example would be the hamstrings and the quads. One is agonist one is antagonist. Yikes. It apparently has to do with the stretch being done and the agonist muscle can become the antagonist muscle depending on the stretch. Okay, maybe if I read it once or twice more I'll have it. Not quite ready to move on yet, however, maybe if I do and come back to it I'll understand it?? This is one of those times when I wish I was sitting in a classroom learning this stuff.

No comments: