Sunday, October 18, 2009

5:00 AM

Don't know what is up with this, but for this past week I have been getting up at 5:00 AM. I seem to be done sleeping and raring to go. Bedtime is 11 to 5 and it seems to be enough sleep for me. What happened to the years when I'd sleep in, and take a nap? Now it seems I hate to sleep at all. I know life is short and don't want to waste it sleeping. I do know how important sleep is to our bodies. We need sleep to heal and refresh ourselves, but I do feel great and am sleeping better than I ever have. Perhaps cutting back so much on the coffee and more water has something to do with that. Speaking of the water, we were talking about that at work just yesterday. I used to drink coffee all day long, from morning to night. A few years ago I started with water and carry a water bottle with me all day, every day. I have recently restudied water in my class. Our bodies are 60 to 70 percent water. Fat tissue has about 20 percent water. The body cannot conserve or store water. Water helps to regulate body temperature. It takes about 600 calories to evaporate 1 qt of persperation. Water helps dilute waste products and helps to move the products out of the body. Water is a large portion of your blood supply and other body fluids such as lymph. You lose water even when you breathe so its important to keep replenishing your supply. Caffeine and alcohol are the enemies of water, they are diuretics . Diuretics tell the body to get rid of water even though they it is needed. I believe the water I drink daily is what keeps me going and part of the reason I am sleeping so well. I know of quite a few people at work, who never drink a glass of water, yet they complain constantly about constipation. They will take a pill and wait for that to work, when something as simple as adding more water to their daily intake can help to move that along and help them to feel better in the long run. So pour a glass or a bottle and have a drink with me!

No comments: