Monday, September 21, 2009

Postal Service

I received an invitation in the mail today to a baby shower. Its for a niece in Ohio who I have not seen in years. Actually, Angie was probably a teenager the last time I saw her. I have fond memories of her. I particularly remember a time when her mom, Laura, and I took our kids shopping. Angie and my son, Howie were "debating" the pros and cons of Nike versus Reebok. I can't really recall which of the kids preferred which shoe but it was a pretty loud, ongoing discussion. Another fond memory of Angie was at Sea World when her and Howie were very young and playing in a childs area climbing on rope swings. I think I actually have those pictures still downstairs.

I don't know that I would have gone to the shower. I was her aunt by marriage. Her blood uncle and I divorced years ago, however I was her aunt for years and years and in my heart I always will be. However, I am upset that the decision to go was taken out of my hands. I had nothing to say about it. Yes, I received the invitation today, however the shower was last month, on the 30th of Aug. The postal stamp is dated July 24. Yet, it took 3 days short of 2 months to find me?? It has the correct address, the correct zip code, and the correct name. This is our postal service?? It is stamped all over Missent to 1-19 IN. Missent to 1-330, another missent to 1-19IN. Whatever that is. I may yet take this to our post office. If for no other reason than to complain.

I pray that Angie and Jim have a healthy, happy baby.

No comments: