Thursday, September 10, 2009

The gym

I can't believe I haven't blogged about this yet, must be slipping. Last WEd my sister and I went to check out a gym between our two little towns. We took the tour through and although small were pleased to see it had most of the equipment that we had used at the Y. We decided after a few hours there to join it for three months and see how often we used it. With time constraints due to work, families, and travel we are giving it a chance before joining and paying for a full year. The gym is small but it has the cybex machines plus a few new ones, it has the womans circuit room set up like curves and the Y. It has a real nice, small walking track, that has a rubber floor, perfect for jogging, has a weight room and has racquet ball courts!
My sister has wanted to try racquet ball for years. Yesterday we watched two guys play and we decided to give it a try. I stopped on the way home and bought us racquets and balls. Nothing fancy, just inexpensive ones from walmart until we see if we even like it. There is really no one around to teach us how to play so I am checking it out on line for pointers. I am sure we will be checking this out on Sunday. Wish us luck.

No comments: