Sunday, September 20, 2009

Excited


I'm excited. My last class for the Personal Trainer course I am taking was mailed out the other day, it should be getting here Monday or Tuesday. I am not ready to take the last class yet. I am only about a half way through the entire course but I am so anxious to see this last set get here, it includes the studies for the NCSF test. I've bought a few books recently to use for reference and they have been a big help along with the one Nikki gave me. I'm learning so many different things and at my age it is hard to keep all this in my head, so its good to keep refreshing my mind on these things. Recording it does help and when I hear something I am not sure about I can stop and look it up again and again, so it keeps it in my mind a bit longer. Some of these books are good for that because they are all worded a bit differently. I hit paydirt with a few health books. The church next door had a yard sale over Labor Day and I got like 5 books for a few dollars. Thursday I stopped at the book store and they had a few on clearance, I bought 3 for $16. One of them has different workouts in it. One has alot of info from Leslie Sansone and the other is "How the body works." Who would ever have known I would be so into all this health and fitness years ago?


I am really working on cutting out the wheat products from my diet, or at least reducing it quite a bit. I still believe its a big part of the problem with my gut, so am back to watching the intake of that.


Fall is here in Pa, and my workouts have changed. From being outside and all the walking and running I am back into the eliptical, treadmill and dvd's a bit. Yesterday I did intervals on the eliptical, I forgot what a workout that thing is. Wed I did a Leslie Sansone watp dvd with weights and had to use the 4 pounds, couldn't do the whole thing with 5 pounds. Funny how different things work different muscles. With the fall here and winter coming I am really stepping this up and hoping to see spring bring forth the abs. I miss the beach and am hoping we got to go again next year sometime. Here is a sunrise on the beach picture. Isn't it beautiful.

No comments: