Wednesday, March 25, 2009

Lean Protein and Strength Training

From everything I have been reading lately I have decided to spend a bit more time on the strength training and not so much on the cardio. Oh, believe me I am not giving up the cardio, I love it. However, my understanding is that strength helps to burn more calories faster and tones you up and helps you to lose the weight maybe even more than cardio. Also, less carbs and more protein has been shown to be significant while losing weight and belly fat, so this is my goal for this next month or so to see if it helps. I can easily do 10 minutes of strength in the morning before work, easier than cardio actually. Or at night while watching tv. I have weights,resistance band and a stability ball all upstairs in the spare room. Am going to give this a try for a bit and see what happens, also to ensure that I get the protein in I will make sure to have one protein shake a day. I am really good with carbs due to all the veggies and fruits I eat.

No comments: