Wednesday, March 11, 2009

Firsts and Lasts

The first and last things have always been important to me. First dates, first kisses, first day of the month, first day of the year. Last things too, but I have learned that usually you never know they are the last until its to late. You need to pay attention to things when they happen because it could be the last time. And how sad it is when some things happen for the very last time and you didn't really pay attention and give it the time it deserved because you didn't know that it was going to be gone for forever.

The bluebirds were here for the first time yesterday, the robins for the first time today. The first time we've seen them this year anyway.

Our neighbor informed me the elk were still here last night, usually they are gone by now and I assumed they were. I wish I would have seen them this one last time.

Last times are important and I think maybe we should learn to live each day as if it were our last and do and say those things that are so important if it is our last day.

Must be the medical terminology course and all the body cavities that I am studying about that is making me a bit melancholy tonight. The unit that I am studying right now is really tough, its going to take a while to get through this one.

No comments: