Sunday, March 02, 2008

Are ya nuts?

25 degrees here this morning, about 9 inches of fairly new snow. We are hiking today, are we nuts? You betcha! My sister is coming up today and the plan is to go hiking looking for elk antlers. It is coming up on the time of year when they start to lose them. I really wish one of them would walk up to me and just drop them at my feet. Or lose them on the clothesline in the backyard while grabbing a snack on the way through. that would be the ideal situation, I would see them hanging on the clothesline and voila! I'd have my antlers. The elk and deer were certainly here last night, you can see all the tracks in the backyard. The sun is out, so if we give it time to warm up a bit, it may not be bad. One of the places I think we are going to walk is up through the church lot by their pavilion. I actually saw one of them little buggers run up through there the other day. Just not to sure the minister is going to like looking out and seeing us hiking through there on a Sunday morning. I really may suggest we wait until afternoon to go up through there, there are enough other places we can walk till then. We've been talking about walking this for a long time, so I am glad that we are going to finally do this. There are two different roads I would like to see what is there but don't want to go that far by myself, so this should be interesting. Going to take the new little camera and hope it holds the pictures, may do it without the memory card. think it has built in memory which should be good for a few pics anyways. Check back later to see what we have!

No comments: