Thursday, March 06, 2008

Three years

Well, today is 3 years since my first heart attack, that first scary time when I had no idea what was happening and just spent the worst night of my life pacing the floor, vomiting and headachey. I remember the next morning when my hubby got home and we went to the emergency room. I was miserable, and in pain almost everywhere, then the trip to a major hospital on the helicopter. That first ride down I barely remember, but do remember thinking the door wasn't shut all the way and I had to hold it closed. LOL, the mind does funny things. I barely remember them wheeling me across the tarmac and into that ER. 7 days later they allowed me to wake up. 3 months later, we were back with it happening all over again, but at least that time in June they found the tumor that was causing it. And removed my adrenal gland. I quit smoking that first time, so its 3 years today since my last cigarette too. Hoorah! for that, I cannot believe how much betterI feel and how much more energy I have now. I had to start walking to rebuild my strength.. The second time I was in the hospital for a month, not allowed out of bed for most of it. Thus started my love affair with cardio. Its funny how things work out, I have more energy now than when I was twenty. I feel better now too, and it took me over 50 years to learn that I love to be active, I love aerobics, walking and even jogging sometimes. There are not enough hours in the day to do everything that I want to be doing.

No comments: