Wednesday, December 05, 2007

A Day off

Came home from work early yesterday with a cold. Already called off for tonight from the Y, which gives me the entire day off and home today. YIPPEE! Just wish I felt better. Am going to take it a bit easy and do some dusting, cleaning, laundry, etc. Am already thinking NAP later too. Didn't sleep worth a darn last night. Had a nice relaxing evening though and finally took some time to read through some of the magazines I have laying around here. Subscribed to both Health and Fitness and really enjoy them. It is such a shame that it took me over 50 years to learn that I love to learn about being healthy. This information could all have been put to such good use when I was younger and raising a family.

For example researchers are now learning that 30 minutes of exercise can help fight and prevent alzheimers. Research shows that moderate exercise seems to protect the brain in people with a genetic susceptibility to alzheimers. They are talking about moderate walking a few times a week. See, we're helping our bodies and our brains!http://www.newsdesk.umd.edu/scitech/rel … cleID=1532 This was taken from a post on a message board on walkertracker.com I found it very interesting.

I guess we are never to old to learn new things. I'm going down on the treadmill and walk for 30 minutes. I need all the help I can get.

No comments: