Tuesday, August 22, 2006

A real walk and green tea


Strapped on the cd player and went for a real walk this morning. First time in a while, it was to hot and humid a few weeks ago and then this past week I was working long hours. Felt good to get out there and see the changes coming..its starting to look and feel like fall. A chilly 59 this morning, but a beautiful day. I walked 30 minutes and went a mile and a half. Met two elderly people down walking on the track at the school.

There is a new house, modular, going in on the corner of Plum St. They were working on that and its the first I've seen it. Noticed coming home that our grass is so much greener than the neighbors on both sides..it must be due to the fertilizer John put down. It looks very rich and green.

It's my sisters birthday, her 49th..God, what a pest she was when she was young..and boy do I wish she was closer now to be a pest again! This picture was from last year when we were all in Vegas with the kids..its a favorite of mine.

I'm still trying harder to do things that are more healthy for me, I seem to be on this kick since being so sick last summer. I've decided I need green tea in my life so am drinking a cup now. it seems to have an awful lot of health benefits, so need to research this a bit and keep drinking it. Gotta go get ready for work..

No comments: