Friday, August 18, 2006

Been a while.

I haven't posted in a while. Too much going on and seems like no time lately. I always seem to be in a hurry and there are so many things I want done before fall gets here. This week doesn't hlep much, our owners did direct mailings for a really big special happening at the store and we are all working from open to close for 4 days. Right in the middle of the summer and the weather is gorgeous and we are stuck there.

I went and bought two more goldfish for the right side of the ponds. Only had two in there, my big black and white and one gold fat one. I bought a new white and orange one and a black and gold shubunkin. Wednesday while cleaning them and changing the filters I saw a fish in there I had never seen before, he's kind of silvery gray and I'm thinking must have been a baby born in there that survived. He's quite big for me never having seen him before.

I am starting again to wonder if they will make it through the winter, although they all survived last year. I have 5 in the left pond and now 5 in the right also. I think I am going to order a pond de-icer this year to keep a hole in the top of it. From what I've been reading you should do this to let gas escape.

The fish in the big pond now come up to eat when we feed them and its like a feeding frenzy up there. The pond is really low, we haven't had any rain in an awful long time, probably since my son was home..we should maybe have him come back for another week..he always brings the rain..

No comments: