Sunday, August 20, 2006

Perennials

I stopped at Lowe's after work this week and bought a bunch of perennials for the flower bed between the two driveways. John worked on enlarging in while he was off so it was all ready for new flowers. Got them planted today, and ended up moving the garden arch 3 times before I was happy with it. It's back where it was in the first place.

I am already planning out next years flowers and things that i will do differently..for example, the front of the house is going to be marigolds and geraniums. They are both doing great out there. The marigolds got planted late and the geraniums are in pots so next year they will be in with the shrubs. Possibly marigolds also under the little tree. The impatiens didn't do so well there, but think they would have been fine if I had watered them more and fed them once in a while. Time got away from me this year..

WE had a buck in the back yard this afternoon, right in the weeds at the edge of the yard. i didn't see it, but John saw it when he came outside. I was working in the flower bed and he tried to get my attention but it was to late. He says it was a nice one and in velvet he believes. Hope it sticks around and hope to see it. Do wonder if its the deer that was at my bird feeders earlier this year.

No comments: