Sunday, December 20, 2009

Time

I still find each day too short for all the thoughts I want to think, all the walks I want to take, all the books I want to read, and all the friends I want to see.

- John Burroughs, essayist and naturalist

I find this quote to be so true, more so than ever. It goes faster and faster the older I get and it is hard to realise that I will never have the time to do all the things I want to do. I would love to have about 8 hours more to my day and think about all the hours I wasted when I was younger. I remember napping for hours and that is definately a thing of the past and now it is something I regret. It cannot be changed however.

I am reading about 4 different books right now, all at once, while in the middle of my studies. I have really been good at making lists lately. I find that if it is on my list it gets done. I love the start of a new year and bought a new appointment type calender book for at home, and one for at work also. Its big and has plenty of room for notes and plans and appointments.

Some days my list includes stupid things like make a salad for work and fill ice cubes and study. Other days it may include all the errands that need done or to pay bills and balance the checkbook.

There is not enough time for everything but with a list the things that are important to remember to do get done.

No comments: