Wednesday, January 14, 2009

Heart Attack

T., a young lady at work lost her mother this week. T is 25 years old, her mom was 47, she had a heart attack after running the snowblower. T didn't know her mom had been having a few problems and had been at the hospital 3 weeks earlier with a problem. T is an only child and is now dealing with losing her mom at such an early age and taking care of the things that need to be done to help her dad. While out for a walk today, I got thinking about this and how life is. I once again find myself wondering why was I spared twice? Twice I had a heart attack, was life flighted to a major hospital, spent weeks and once a month there to find out what caused it. Thank God that they found the problem and were able to correct it. However, it sometimes makes me feel like there is something I should be doing. Some reason I was spared, something I need to do or finish, or someone I need to help. Maybe someday I will know what i am supposed to be doing. In the meantime I am going to continue to try to help people get healthier and to continue on that journey myself

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

maybe so you could be there for me through losing dad???

oh, and probably because it just wasnt your time yet.