Saturday, January 31, 2009

Avocados

Have you ever eaten an avocado? I haven't until just recently. I find that sad. While hearing about the Flat Belly Diet I did a bit of reading and found that they recommend mufa's which is healthy fats. Of which avocado is one, so I tried it. I have found that I absolutley love them in salads.

How terrible that it took me so many years to realise this and that I didn't teach my kids better. Lunch today was two bowls of salad and a bowl of fresh fruit. Tish's guy brought us lunch and it was delicious. Dinner tonight at home was another salad, this one with avocado. How did we ever survive so many years without eating healthy? I much prefer the healthy foods over the junk food anymore. Oh, not that we ate all junk, we ate fairly well, but it seems that I am still learning and wish I would have known all this years ago.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

I'm going to have to try avocado's in a salad or something. I don't think I've ever had them.

The diet is going so well. I've lost way more weight in January than what I thought I would so I think I might make my goal by the end of the year.