Saturday, April 12, 2008

Hospice Home



I am thinking here that I should backtrack a bit. I need to say that Mike passed away on Thursday, April 10 at 7:18 in the evening in Chandler Arizona. He was right, although I never admitted that very often. I do think I would have loved Arizona under different conditions. I am sure that through the next few weeks you will be seeing some of the pictures of the desert and flowers here. Although, it was early april there, the flowers were beautiful. I am particularly wishing that I would have gotten pics of the awesome petunias somewhere between his house in Tempe and the Hospice Home in Chandler I didn't get many pictures, this wasn't a fun time or a vacation for us, but my daughter and I did take off for a little bit here and there to just get away. We needed to rest our minds and our bodies and what she termed retail therapy helped somewhat. Speaking of retail therapy, I never knew my son in law was such a great shopper. We all got a chuckle out of the him buying me a pair of sandals. When I first got there I realised the homes floors were all laminate and my sandals were very loud. I wanted a pair with soft rubber soles and Bo was going to Walmart. I asked him to pick me up a pair, size 7. the boy did wonderful! They were a hit and everyone loved them. Guess Michelle will be sending him out for shoes next.

No comments: