Sunday, April 27, 2008

Grateful


This morning is one of those days. It's a day off from work, the sun is shining and I have about 20 gold finches out here at the bird feeders along with one male bluebird, who is absolulely beautiful. It's a day that makes you realise how much we all have to be grateful for. I know that there are times when it seems like the world has us down, there is grief and pain and loss and cloudy, rainy days. On days like this though it helps to remember the sun does shine again, we can smile again and we can remember and hope and love again. I am grateful today for the sunshine, the day off work and the time to do things that I want to do. I am grateful for my husband, my kids, my family, my home, my job, my life, my health and the list goes on. I'm grateful for the ipod that I will be wearing and the music I will be listening too while I plant flower seeds in the back garden. Oh, I am grateful for those flower seeds and that garden too. I think today is just a day made to be grateful and a day to be thankful and a day to love.

No comments: