Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Final Payment

I made the final payment on the Aztec today. It's funny how something like that can take you back years to the day you bought it. I remember walking into that garage years ago to deliver an Avon order and there it was, that big, blue, brand new vehicle sitting on the showroom floor. I just fell in love with it then and there. I ended up looking at them at a few other places, considering if i really wanted it or not, trying to be patient. I had just started a brand new job less than a month before and wasn't to sure about anything at this point. A few days later on a Saturday morning I went over to look at it again, ended up test driving one on the lot. didn't want to take "mine" out of the showroom because when i bought it I wanted it with zero miles on it..Monday afternoon it was mine.

the first trip in it was to a city hours away for training class for the new job. Can't even remember the name of the city now but sure that i will eventually. It was in a bad area of town and I was there for a few days. Darn glad that the doors locked on this vehicle automatically.

less than a month later I had my first accident ever with my brand new vehicle, didn't even have the payment book yet. How ironic is that? Hit the first deer I ever hit. A year later to the day my dear son in law hit another one with the other bumper..think that was the Christmas that my brother bought me the deer whistles that are still on the front of it. I've taken a lot of teasing over this car, been told it looks like a pregnant roller skate among other things. there were times I wasn't sure I was going to be able to keep it. When I lost my job at Lowe's I didn't have a clue how I would make the payments but somehow i did and managed to keep on making them. I remember people used to stop at my house when I was outside washing it and wanted to know did I like it? did they think i would buy one if i didn't?

Anyways, its paid for, over and done. Mine, totally , completely and paid for and now...what next? Most people don't much care for my taste in cars. John hates the thought of us ever having to shop for one together...I'm liking the thought of no car payment for a while, a little while, a long while, whatever...in the meantime though I'm still thinking solstice hmmmmm

No comments: