Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thanksgiving Day Poem

I received this via email this morning and wanted to share it with everyone. I am not sure who wrote it so do not know who to give credit to, I thought it was very appropriate for the day. Hope you enjoy it as much as I did. " 'Twas The Night Of Thanksgiving, I Just Couldn't Sleep...I Tried Counting Backwards, I Tried Counting Sheep. The Leftovers Beckoned - The Dark Meat And White, But I Fought The Temptation With All Of My Might. Tossing And Turning With Anticipation, The Thought Of A Snack Became Infatuation. So, I Raced To The Kitchen, Flung Open The Door And Gazed At The Fridge, Full Of Goodies Galore. I Gobbled Up Turkey And Buttered Potatoes, Pickles And Carrots, Beans And Tomatoes. I Felt Myself Swelling So Plump And So Round, 'til All Of A Sudden, I Rose Off The Ground. I Crashed Through The Ceiling, Floating Into The Sky, With A Mouthful Of Pudding And A Handful Of Pie. But, I Managed To Yell As I Soared Past The Trees..Happy Eating To All -- Pass The Cranberries, Please. May Your Stuffing Be Tasty, May Your Turkey Be Plump. May Your Potatoes 'n Gravy Have Nary A Lump, May Your Yams Be Delicious May Your Pies Take The Prize, May Your Thanksgiving Dinner Stay Off Of Your Thighs. May Your Thanksgiving Be Blessed!!!"

No comments: