Saturday, November 11, 2006

Our neighbor Hazel


This was taken on Hazels moving day about a month ago. I thought she may get a chuckle out of seeing it. I was waiting to post it to make sure she had the internet hooked up. If you look closely you can see the guys standing in her garage. I took this picture through our living room window, I didn't want them to see me taking their picture.
It's weird here without Hazel being across the street. She was the first neighbor we met when we moved here. Actually John met her first because she snuck across the street to meet him while I was at work...LOL, I think she spent the next year and a half apologising to me for it. We got some good laughs out of it though. We had gotten in the habit of checking up on each other from time to time and I always looked to make sure her living room blinds were open in the morning. The new neighbors sometimes leave them closed till around 8 and it throws me everytime, it just doesn't seem right.
I heard from Hazel recently and learned she broke her toe within an hour or so of moving into the new house. What a way to start out in a new town. We miss you Hazel, and know that every morning when I open my blinds I'm thinking of you and wishing you well.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

nice